Terms & Conditions:
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Passport to Free Weekends Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Contest Period:The Starwood Preferred Guest® (“SPG”) Passport to Free Weekends Contest (the “Contest”) begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 11, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on May 26, 2010 (the “Contest Period”).
2. Eligibility: Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada (excluding Quebec), UK, Japan, Portugal, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, and New Zealand, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry. Void in all other countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers & directors of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada (excluding Quebec), UK, Japan, Portugal, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, or New Zealand. All federal, state, provincial, country and local laws and regulations apply.
3. How to Participate:For 10 business days during the Contest Period, SPG will tweet a clue or clues about a specific Starwood hotel or resort on Twitter™ via @SPGInsider (http://twitter.com/SPGInsider) as well as post clues on the SPG Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/SPG) about the hotel location of the day. For the purposes of the Contest, a day will start at 12:00 a.m. ET and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET, although the first clue may be posted the night before to give members some context for which region of the world the clues will lead to each day.
4. How to Win/Winner Determination: Once you decipher the clue(s) to determine the hotel location, the first ten (10) eligible participants each day to provide a front desk associate at the correct hotel with the following phrase, "I'm here for my Free Weekends Passport photo" will win a prize. You must provide your own transportation to/from the correct hotel location. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. You must also agree to have your photograph taken at the front desk when claiming your prize.
5. Prizes (100 – 10 per day): There will be a maximum of 10 winners at each of the 10 chosen hotel locations. Each winner will receive two (2) Free Weekend Night Awards to be redeemed at their choice of over 920+ Starwood hotels. Approximate Retail Value: USD$312. Free Weekend Night Awards will be credited to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) account within 3–5 days from receipt of winner’s SPG number. If the winner does not have an SPG® account they can create one for free at http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/index.html or be enrolled by the Front Desk.
6. Prize Restrictionsrizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. A Free Weekend Night Award is redeemable for a single or double occupancy standard room at all SPG hotels except for the exceptions listed below. A list of Starwood hotels that do not participate in SPG can be found in section 5.1 of the SPG Terms and Conditions at SPG.com/T&C. There are no blackout dates or capacity controls, but stays are subject to standard room availability. Free Weekend Night Awards cannot be used at the following Category 7 properties:*
-The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Punta de Mita, Mexico
-Sunset Key Guest Cottages, a Westin Resort, Key West, FL, USA
-The St. Regis New York, USA
-Santa Marina Resort & Villas, Mykonos, Greece
-Mystique, Santorini, Greece
-Hotel Cala di Volpe, Costa Smeralda, Porto Cervo, Italy
-Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort, Porto Cervo, Italy
-Hotel Pitrizza, Costa Smeralda, Porto Cervo, Italy
-Hotel Romazzino, Costa Smeralda, Porto Cervo, Italy
-The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain
-Hotel President Wilson, Geneva, Switzerland
-The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia
-Le Méridien Bora Bora, French Polynesia
-The St. Regis Bali Resort, Indonesia
-W Retreat & Spa-Maldives, Maldives
*Additionally the Pine Cliff Residences, Albuferia, Portugal (Category 6) and the W Koh Samui (opening August 2010) do not have standard rooms; hence, a Free Weekend Night Award cannot be redeemed at these properties.
Members may redeem their Free Weekend Night Award for any Friday, Saturday or Sunday except in select Middle East and African countries where redemption will be for any Thursday, Friday or Saturday: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. Free Weekend Night Awards can be used on consecutive weekend nights for one single or double occupancy standard room only, including the cost of the hotel room and room tax. Free Weekend Night Awards are not transferable, even among members of the same household, and may not be given as a gift. However, a member may use two or more Free Weekend Night Awards on the same night for additional rooms as long as all rooms are under the member's name and the member stays in one of the rooms and pays for all the rooms. Stays must be redeemed by December 19, 2010 or prize will be forfeited.
7. Winner Notification: Winners will be determined at the time they provide the phrase as described above at the correct hotel location and eligibility is confirmed. Winners may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (or a Declaration of Compliance with these Official Rules) within ten (10) days of prize notification. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Liability/Publicity Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest and regardless of whether you are a winner, you grant Sponsor and their subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensees an exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise, publicize and otherwise exploit your name, signature, likeness, photograph(s), as well as additional photographs, video footage or other images that Sponsor may take of you if you are the winner, in whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Sponsor shall elect, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to, website, Facebook, Twitter, theLobby.com, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission. You shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use.
9. Conditions: All federal, state, provincial, country and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. By participating, entrants, and winners and guests (staying with them for the Free Weekend stays) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Participants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest or act in an inappropriate or disruptive manner in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase necessary to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
10. Additional Terms: Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to get the clue(s) for the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, only prizes awarded prior to such action will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit a participant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMERS/RELEASE: SPONSOR, AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND CONTEST AGENCIES, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO THE PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CONTEST OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE CONTEST OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE CONTEST. RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTSET, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY RELATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, USE BY A RELEASED PARTY OF ANY ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST A RELEASED PARTY.SOME STATES/COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Sponsor reserves the right to make all decisions in its sole discretion arising out of or relating to the Contest, and the decisions by Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York in the United States; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States of America and the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of New York. By participating in the Contest, you agree that New York (in the U.S.) will be the exclusive forum for any formal dispute resolution.
13. List of Winners: To obtain a list of winners, email email@example.com after June 20, 2010 until July 31, 2010.
14. Sponsor: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., 1111 Westchester Avenue White Plains, NY 10604 USA.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.