I am 你大爷 with Onepass number xxxxxxx. As a Continental Gold member for 3 years and a prospective Platinum member this upcoming year, I expect common courtesies to be extended by anyone and any airline. After my most recent flight with Continental I now realize how foolish that thought is. This is a very important complaint, I hope you do take it serious and I expect to get an answer with solutions from you in the short future.
Last week, on September 4th, 2011, my fiancé and I took CO 86 with services from PVG (Shanghai Pudong, China) to EWR (Newark), seats 9K, 9L . The three things I was extremely disappointed with are: the attitude of the flight attendant and how I was treated, the poor quality of food served, and how little of a respect I was given on the aircraft.
Firstly, I want to give compliments to the great service and how satisfied I was on my prior trip from Beijing to Newark, in CO88. I have been taking that line for over 10 times and both my fiancé and I have always been loyal customers of Continental due to the experience from CO88. So we thought, since flying from Shanghai is basically the same route, we expected the same great quality of service as the PEK-EWR route.
Yet, on CO86, I was very disappointed with the following three points.
1. I was given uneatable dinner meal (see attached picture) even flying First Class
• Having prior experience with the PEK-EWR experience, I have always been satisfied with the food served on CO. Yet, the food on our trip this time was seriously uneatable.
2. I was treated horribly by the flight attendant
• During mid-flight, in between serving the first dinner meal and mid-flight snack, (there was 6 hours in between them) I asked for some snacks, instant noodles or even a banana is fine, this Chinese flight attendant (mid 40’s in age, with a brownish red hair dye) gave me a dirty look and replied very impatiently with a “we don’t have any instant noodles”. But my fiancé asked if there is “anything at all” that is eatable since I was extremely hungry from the terrible dinner meal mentioned earlier, the flight attendant came back with a bag of chips (1 Chinese dollar in value), threw it on my lap, and left without even hearing me ask for some napkins.
3. The overall atmosphere of the cabin was hard for me to fall asleep.
• After all the horrible food and being mistreated, all I want was a goodnight sleep. Yet, the constant talking in great volume from one flight attendant (the same one that mistreated us) to another, has disturbed me several times over the length of the flight. Even my next seat neighbor, the guy on my left, has asked them politely to keep their volumes down so that they don’t disturb any customer.
There are things you can do next time to provide a better service,
1. Improve the dinner menu, preferably serve the same food as given on the PEK-EWR flight.
2. Provide some mid-flight snack for those that are still hungry, or did not enjoy the dinner meal, so that they don’t have to go to sleep on an empty stomach.
3. Ask the flight attendant mentioned in the above complaint to change her attitude and try to be courteous to other customers when they are politely making a request, and to be volume aware as they speak to another when other customers are asleep (or trying to fall asleep)
There are things you can do to maintain a client’s confident with Continental after this happens,
1. Provide some sorts of apology from the airline to the customer
2. Provide some type of reimbursement such as air-miles and in-flight shopping coupons
Please take note of my compliant seriously and respond back as soon as you can. Once again, I appreciated your time and effort in taking care of this message.
还有就是的确可以加上，if the service on CO 86 remains unchanged, I, together with my family may definitely consider choosing flight provided by another airlines.