SPG Free Weekends will kick off on May 1st
I know there has been a lot of speculation and theories about SPG's Q2 promotion of late, and I'm excited to finally be able to announce what is planned! You're the first to get this information - SPG Free Weekends will kick off on May 1st and offer a Free Weekend Night Award for every eligible three stays through July 31, 2010 at any SPG property worldwide. There are no limits on the number of Awards you can earn. When you're ready to get away, you can use your Free Weekend Night Awards through December 19, 2010 at over 920 Category 1-6 hotels across all of our 9 brands -- like W, The Luxury Collection, and St Regis. And of course, there aren't any blackout dates on the Awards, and you can even combine them to use toward a long weekend or to extend a paid stay.
Go to spg.com/freeweekends(which will be put up in a few hours' time) to learn more about the promotion. We've included a full list of FAQ's. Registration will formally begin on May 1st.
Here is a simple summary I have prepared:
* 1(One) Free Weekend Night award for every 3(Three) eligible stays.
* Registration begins 1 May 2010 and ends 30 June 2010. Only 61 days, so do not miss the window.
* Earning period begins 1 May 2010 and ends 31 July 2010.
* Redemption period begins 7 May 2010 and ends 19 December 2010.
* Awards are redeemable only at Participating properties from Categories 1 to 6.
* Free Weekend nights refer to any Friday, Saturday or Sunday except for properties otherwise stated.