热心会员勋章

主题

3万

积分

好友

黑钻会员 鲜花(313)

pelapela 发表在  2011-5-23 19:36:28  | 显示全部楼层 | 阅读模式
就快了。。。看起来就这一两个月,大概是免费早餐吧。。。。

Barbara De Lollis reports on her conversation with Westin’s new brand chief and asks about elite recognition.

“We’re working closely with SPG to figure out how not only to deliver SPG awards, but a branded award as part of that,” Brian Povinelli, the newly named brand chief for the 179-location chain told me the other day.

“Mid-year 2011, we expect to roll out some new platinum amenities and preferred member amenities that will be more in a brand voice,” he says.

Now, Starwood definitely needs to improve their elite offerings. What was once a market leader has seen competitors catch up and even surpass them, while Starwood’s elite offerings have remained fairly constant for years.

Starwood Platinums do get good space available upgrades, best available room at checkin up to and including standard suites. Marriott and Hilton top tiers specifically exclude suites although hotels sometimes still deliver them. Of course Hyatt offers confirmed suites four times a year to Diamonds. But at hotels where Platinums don’t get a meaningful upgrade, and that have no lounge, there’s really no unique benefit to being a Platinum member other than the 500 point check-in amenity. (Ok, internet, but that’s quickly become standard across chains. And of course welcome amenities are common as well.)

So some new recognition is due. I was disappointed once I heard ‘more in a brand voice’ because I read that as ‘meaningless.’

Now, I could be wrong, but what clues Barbara does offer aren’t exactly encouraging.

While he declined to reveal specifics just yet, he did hint that one possibility might involve New Balance fitness gear.

This wasn’t exciting when Westin was “Powered by Reebok” and it isn’t exciting now. Hope they can get more thoughtful…

Truth be told, I still have faith, and I don’t think that what Westin has up its branded sleeve is the extent of what’s cooking up in White Plains. They currently have the most lucrative hotel promotion in the market, so they haven’t forgotten how to leverage their loyalty program. And they do know that the rest of the world has been catching up. It might just be basing expectations on hope over experience but I still expect something big out of Starwood and sooner rather than later.
已有3人评分威望 理由
onelove + 10 looking forward to new amenities!!
chenggtao + 5 sounds good news
guoalbert + 10 Great~

查看全部评分 总评分:威望 +25 

只住SPG!专一的男人!P!还是比较爱SPG!

钻石会员 鲜花(47)

超级admin

molia 发表于 2011-5-23 19:38:04  | 显示全部楼层
摸一下小手就散
marriott  p   ic  ra  hyatt d  hilton d spg p

蓝钻会员 鲜花(849)

Adley 发表于 2011-5-23 19:53:28  | 显示全部楼层
绝对是好消息啊
有事手机联系。。。。

黑钻会员 鲜花(42)

青蛙堂堂主

guoalbert 发表于 2011-5-23 19:59:04  | 显示全部楼层
噼里啪啦出品,必属精品{:3_59:}
There is so much beauty in the world!

钻石会员 鲜花(0)

bluefox_hz 发表于 2011-5-23 20:00:54  | 显示全部楼层
坐观结果.....

黑钻会员 鲜花(445)

lngjw 发表于 2011-5-23 20:50:06  | 显示全部楼层
围观中。。。

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

常用链接: 喜达屋官方网站  免费注册SPG会员  Starwood中文网站 一晚升金卡 购买SPG积分 折扣购买SPG积分 双十一套票 SPG竞拍 SPG餐厅酒吧预订 SPG积分兑换  客服Email网址   本版优惠汇总
客服电话: 优先顾客 4008-903-588  金会籍优先顾客 4008-103-788 白金会籍优先顾客 4008-903-988

本版公告

详情

spg俱乐部介绍

SPG俱乐部(Starwood Preferred Guest)是喜达屋酒店及度假村酒店集团的常客计划。
会员等级优先会籍、金会籍(终身金会籍)、白金会籍(终身白金会籍)
2015年最受常旅客喜爱酒店积分兑换奖、2015年最受常旅客喜爱酒店精英会员服务奖
关于我们
关于飞客
发展成长
媒体报道
企业愿景